Saturday, February 27, 2010

Time

I am sitting here alone in my office. I have spent the last 20 hours by myself. That is such a rarity (anyone who is a Mom understands that !). It is amazing to sit in your apartment without the tv on and without using your phone etc. Time takes on a whole new quality. The actually space around you feels still. I want all of you to take an hour or even 30 minutes this weekend and spend it technology and people free. The most important part of the work we are doing is learning who we are and what really want out of our lives and ourselves. For some of you, it is learning boundaries or enforcing them others around you. For others, it is making huge changes in how you approach yourselves and those around you. In the day to day of our lives, we get lost in our chores and routines and so often lose the big picture of what we are doing in our lives. What we believe in and are truly passionate about. Youth brings these questions about naturally. "What do I want to be when I grow up?", "Where do I want to live?", "Who do I want to marry". As we age and have already made many of those choices we allow ourselves to go through our days and years digging a rut that over time gets so deep that we cannot see out of it to what our lives COULD be.
You are still allowed to ask yourself those questions about who you are and what you want. You can make changes in your marriages, your careers and your selves. It is never too late. The only way we fail is if we except our lives as inevitable and don't see that we can work to make them anything we want to. It takes courage and work and support but anything is possible. The journey starts but figuring out exactly Where you want to go??????????

No comments:

Post a Comment