Thursday, February 18, 2010

Training plan for tomorrow

I have heard from nobody so I am going to listen to MY body. I am so sore that I was a slow cyclist today. We are going to be doing heavier arms tomorrow. I will be using 7.5 (on light days I use 3 and normally 5 so this is heavier than usual. If you do not DO the correct weight, I cannot guarantee results). We will be getting sore everywhere but are trying for the arms (of course you all know that what I mean is we will feel it in the glutes but hopefully get sore in the arms).
I went to lunch at Ozu today. It is a microbiotic place. I love these kinds of places. I got salmon, hijiki Kale salad and broiled tofu with ginger and sprouts. I even tried the "red bean mouse". It was interesting but I do not need to eat it again tomorrow. I was so full that dinner did not sound so good. Ate a bit of Tuna burger and salad. I am finding myself not hungry so much at night and really enjoying not feeling stuffed at bedtime. After these 4 days I can actually see that this is going to be lifestyle change and I am so happy to have made it. The people I have heard from are seeing positive changes too. Some of you are downright joyful and pumped about this. Most of you are seeing changes but they are not coming easy. I want you to be able to see and give yourself some kudos for making very small changes. This should be a process over the 6 weeks where at the end of it, you have achieved your goals. I don't expect or even WANT you to get there the first week. You will never make a life change if you do not do so gradually and begin to feel good about the small changes. There is a trust you gain in yourself that is more important than what you look like and what size clothes you wear. Those are the changes that resonate into self respect and truly liking yourself. That is what this challenge is all about.

3 comments:

  1. Story,
    Sorry for not writing sooner. I am feeling VERY sore in the back of my legs from Wed's session. And right under my bum. Though it hurts, I feel great as I know I did something right! I missed my cardio class tonight and am feeling a little guilty.

    I am struggling a bit with my diet, but overall I am making some big changes. I had mahi mahi for lunch today with lemon, olive oil, and tomatoes. Plain yogurt for breakfast (instead of greek), a small bowl of GoLean (no more Crunch), and like you said, I am not feeling so hungry at dinnertime. I also ate a pear today on its own and it tasted so good. I am still eating bites of dark chocolate throughtout the day but feel pretty good overall. I am also drinking more milk on its own as you recommended and it helps to hold me after the gym. I went to Whole Foods after class on Wed and had salmon on kale and spinach with lemon and olive oil. All of my meals are not like this, but I am making progress. I find it difficult to pear it down so much. I think it will happen over time. I can definitely see some major changes in my body my clothes feel looser.

    Looking forward to class tomorrow. Wed and Fri's have become my favorite 2 days of the week.

    OH - and one comment regarding Wed's class - and some previous ones: Some sections of the class move faster than others. I am finding that I 'don't hit the spot' always the faster we are moving. If it is slow and 'liquid' I am more likely to be sore. I find it challenging to stay off my toes when we move quickly and therefore lose my balance - therefore miss a chunk of the moves. FYI..

    See you then,
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is a fantastic fish recipe
    Mustard Halibut

    Ingredients:
    1 pound of halibut

    Crust
    1 Tablespoon dried mustard
    1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
    1 Tablespoon whole grain mustard
    3 Tablespoon dry sherry wine
    1 Tablespoon whole grain bread crumbs
    Cooking spray

    1) Preheat oven to broil.
    2) Lightly coat bottom of roasting pan with cooking spray
    3) Mix mustards, wine and bread crumbs.
    4) Place halibut in roasting pan.
    5) Evenly coat fish with mustard mixture.
    6) Broil 3-5 minutes until brown.
    7) Bake at 450 for another 4-6 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon,
    Thanks for the recipe! I am going to try it.
    Gina

    ReplyDelete