Sunday, February 14, 2010

just went shopping.....

My fridge is full of great stuff. Kurt is doing the challenge with me so we shopped together. We got:
blueberries
grapefruit
honeydew
kiwis
plums
apples (Jazz and Granny smith)
papaya
pears
hummus (kurt likes to dip baby carrots)
Edy's no sugar added fruit pops. These are SO good with real fruit bits. I got all the flavors.
frozen precooked wintersquash (I love this for a warm snack with cinnamon)

I will go back later to get some fish and veggies for dinner. The challenge does not start till tomorrow but I am starting today. I can't wait to feel great !

Would love shopping ideas from some of you. What are you planning to snack on and what nutrient rich things can you sneak into your day ?

2 comments:

  1. I have been following your eating guidelines with great results. I fill up on a spinach salad or steamed broccoli before I eat meat and this has helped me a lot. I think I used to eat too much meat and too little vegetables. So happy to hear that you are going to do a DVD. I have been doing strength training only three times a week and my body is very happy. Lots of walking lunges and squats with some of the liquid strength moves that I can remember. I would like your opinion on kettlebells. Do you think they are a useful tool or do you think they make the risk of injury too high?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lila, I think that Kettle bells can be used in a way that are useful in training. I have some wrist issues so I find that weights are a better choice for me. It is really about how you liftrather than what the weights look like. Kettle bells are just weights shaped differently. I am so glad you are eating well and finding it helpful. I appreciate your comments and would like you to keep them coming !!

    ReplyDelete