Thursday, February 4, 2010

Story von Holzhausen's 6 week challenge party

I expect that most of you are quite sore from the "testing" yesterday. Make sure and write down your numbers. We are gathering both tonight and next thursday at my apt for a little bonding and emotionally support as we head into this challenge. I am getting hummus and veggies. I would love it if you could bring a really yummy healthy dish or just come and bring your notebook. 7:30 or so I will be welcoming you all (I only expect a few of you but this will really give us a chance to work from the inside out and that is where our biggest changes are made).
I saw Avatar last night. I was amazed at how much of the philosophy of "trusting your body" was like what we work on in Liquid Strength. We always try to have a cerebral relationship with our body. I believe that the body owns a portion of the brain and that it is a different part than our "mind" as we know it. We need to listen to our bodies talk and communicate with them without trying to "control" but with respect and trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment