Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Guest Blogger for Story von Holzhausen

Hi everyone this is Sharon, the dietitian who is always in my white tank and black lululemon pants uniform in class. Story so kindly asked if I would contribute to the LS blog. I am a dietitian in private practice in midtown. I got my BS and MS from NYU and did my internship at NYU medical. If anyone needs a little more nutrition attention, please feel free to contact me. My email is info@sharonrichter.com. I also have a website, www.sharonrichter.com, with recipes, success stories and information that might be of interest. I am participating in the 6 week challenge. This might seem crazy since I should be the EXPERT in food, but LS is helping me connect more with my body, improve my imbalances and forgive myself for some of the foods I have fears of and at times use for emotional reasons.
After looking at Story's food list, I thought of a wonder way to obtain this FUEL for our bodies. The company, Urban Organics, delivers all organic fruits and vegetables right to your door step each week. I have worked with them before and they are being so terrific and offering all of you a free registration ($25 fee) and 50% off the first order! I love it because you can tell them food to keep off your list that you really don't like, are able to preview next weeks produce, and what best is you get foods you usually wouldn't purchase and can go to their website for recipes. If you want to try it go to www.urbanorganic.com and use my name, Sharon, as the promotion code. Enjoy!
One little tip I want to leave you with: our bodies are our best machines. You want to feed it high octane fuel. Don't be afraid of trying new things, feel full, and having good fats. Think about it, when you go to a beauty product store what are the ingredients? Almonds, avocado, lycopene (found in tomatoes) antioxidants (berries). Why not get it from the inside out?!?! Hope you see you all in class tomorrow sun or snow.

xo
sjr

No comments:

Post a Comment