Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Story von Holzhausen's 6 week challenge closing in.

It has been such a huge week for me and many of my clients/students. As we discuss your "goals" and issues there seem to be some very strong trends. For most of us, we eat (or forage as I like to call it) when we are not hungry due to either anger or loneliness or fear. That is a pretty huge discovery. It shows that it really is "not about the food". How do we satisfy ourselves and make our lives and rich and full truly? The habit of "foraging" leaves most of you feeling badly about yourselves on many levels. The behavior is self destructive and habitual. The biggest challenge I can issue to you is to make changes in your life to satisfy your true needs and wants. Fill yourself up so you can give and share with everyone around you. What do you wish you did every day that you don't ? For me, as most of you know, I am very lazy about fashion, nails, etc. I don't even always wash my face before bed. I have been taking myself into my bathroom and creating a nightly ritual where I do all the things I should do to take good care of myself. When I wake up the next day, I feel really happy. I am better for my behavior. I want you to be too. The first 3 nights are the hardest, after that, it is easy.
Tomorrow night we will be having our "Liquid Strength 6 week challenge kick of party". I want all of you to do me a favor (even if you can't come). I want you to take a piece of paper and draw a line through the center. On the left side, list all the things you do not like about yourself. On the right, all that you do. This may be a very long list or a very short list but really try to capture the whole picture. Bring this list with you as we will be doing a really cool thing with it.
As we begin this journey,we are forging new relationships with each other (our supporting each other is such a powerful and beautiful thing), ourselves and our lives. This is the work that matters most in life. The growth and true joy we alone can give ourselves, can make our energy and love and "life" radiate out to everyone around us. We are all capable of miraculous things when we are truly whole and happy. This is what I wish for all of you. It is a life long journey and challenge but every step brings a bevy of gifts that we get to share with everyone around us.

Story von Holzhausen

No comments:

Post a Comment