Saturday, February 20, 2010

what to eat ???

There are a few things that you need to have in your pantry to make all of your meals easy and very yummy:
1) freeze dried onions
2) granulated garlic
3) good olive oil (I like to get some various flavors like porcini mushroom, taragon etc. to add in after the cooking is over)
4) dried chopped rosemary
5) dried thyme (Fairway has very fresh spices and herbs)
6) black olive paste
7) capers
8) sea salt and a pepper mill that grounds coarse black pepper.

I buy all different kinds of fish. Some of my favorites are:
Salmon (must be cooked rare or it gets fishy tasting)
orange roughy (eats only shrimp and you can taste it !)
trout (small but so yummy)
snapper
cod
halibut
sea bass

I use a variety of the above mentioned spices and fresh lemon fruit (I actually pull the pulp out). Sometimes I use lemon or orange zest. Sometimes I cut up tomatoes and/or onions or spinach. There is really is no "wrong" with cooking. I never use a recipe, I just use flavors I like and that sound like they would taste good together.


Along with fish I steam or grill whatever veggie looks great that day. I like to wait until the day of so that I can cook whatever I really feel like. It changes daily !!! If you make dinner like this (with huge portions too) you will be really satisfied and be feeding your body the very best fuel there is.
Tonight (I cooked for my whole family) I made orange roughy with sauteed onions mixed with garlic, black olive paste,thyme, tarragon and halved cherry tomatoes with some red wine. It was SO good. I baked it at 400 till it came apart with a fork.
I steamed some broccoli and green beans and put unfiltered olive oil with sea salt after they were cooked. Perfect dinner.

This week was amazing and I have heard from a few saying that you really like moving slower and more controlled. That is really good feedback to help me help you connect better with your bodies. What is most important right now is that you are getting very sore and are active and getting psyched about how good it feels to be connected to your body and feel how amazing and strong and good it is. The more you can find joy in your body NOW the more your body will change and delight you.

1 comment:

  1. Is there a time of day, day in the week or place that are difficult for you? Sunday nights were often my challenge. I would reflect on my weekend, maybe not be as happy about how a date went, the work I didnt complete..and Sunday night could turn into a "food empathy" night and I'd start clean on Monday. Now, I am thinking about starting my weekend as the healthiest point in the week. The week days are easier because of the schedule in my life. Meals are much easier to plan as they fall into a pattern: breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner, snack. I am trying to create the same routine on the weekend. In the past I would be at the gym in the morning and snack my way through the day until dinner. Often this would lead to a "top heavy" day with dinner and dessert going overboard. I think I will feel better with a more consistent food intake. I really picked up on this over the weekend and have my goal for the week.

    ReplyDelete