Monday, March 15, 2010

LAST WEEK of Story von Holzhausen's 6 week challenge

Well, we are now in our final week. I know that this year the "challenge" has been a very subtle one. The changes and struggles have been mostly emotionally and having to do with our LIVES and not our bodies (which we all know are so connected that one effects the other so profoundly that they cannot be separated). I am so proud of you. I have been moved to tears by the honesty and courage you have all had dealing with some pretty hard issues. I can see the changes in you and I know that you can too. I would like to ask that everyone do me a favor this week....

Do the push ups where you move ONE weight every time you as you push up. With each time you move that weight, I want you to think of something you are proud of about yourself or something you are opening your life up to. Fight very hard to get every single last one you can out of your set. (while you make each one count and be very effective to make you stronger). Take the time to reflect on how you have changed. Feel that warrior in you that will fight for what you believe in.

We will be doing the "testing" to see if our numbers have changed the first week of April. I want all of you to work hard this last week so that you are BLOWN away with your own improvements. Take this last week to feed your body so well that you feel amazing and strong. I have learned so much this year and grown so much this year. The joy I feel upon seeing all of you when I walk into class is huge. NYC can be a very lonely place. Women especially are not usually "on each other's sides". We tend to punish ourselves and each other based on some strange and ridiculous pecking order of attractiveness. I love that in our gatherings, we are happy with each other's growth. Men and women have the same warrior and team attitude. It is such a small thing but I do not ever remember being less lonely than I am right now. Largely because of the amazing kindred atmosphere of my classes. I thank you all for what you teach ME. I celebrate your fighting and fierce and noble spirits. You ROCK !

Story von Holzhausen

No comments:

Post a Comment