Tuesday, March 9, 2010

half way into Story's 6 Week challenge

We are nearing the halfway mark on our challenge. It is amazing how different this year is than last year. So much of what we are working on is internal. The changes and work is much deeper and braver. 6 weeks is not long enough to see the lasting and amazing results of serious life changes. I have been blown away by the honesty and bravery that many of you are showing as you face some pretty heavy life choices (that you did not realize you HAD) and begin the process of changing your "hard wiring". At the same time, many of you who have been doing Liquid Strength with me for a long time are having huge JUMPS in finally "getting it" and getting really sore. I myself am learning so much in how to teach better and lead my students/clients to more body (and of course mind) changing work. I have embraced this quote (that I don't know if anyone but me has ever said but they may have...):

"As soon as I think I am the best, I stop getting better"

I love being on that journey. The destination is the least interesting part. There have been some blog comments and emails (some of you are having trouble posting on the blog so you have sent me emails to post) I have chosen NOT to post. They are so movingly personal and open. Unfortunately, not everyone who may read this blog is coming from the same place that we are. I am willing to put myself out there but I am very protective of all of you. Just know that the love and courage it takes to put those things in WRITING is felt by everyone even though I have chosen not to post it publicly.

I was so sore after Friday that I was pretty shocked. If you are NOT getting very sore in these weeks, please come early/stand in front/stay after class and let me work on your form with you. It makes SUCH a difference. I am available for privates too. One private can make such a difference in classes it is mind blowing.
I love seeing all of your bodies change weekly. Your faces and how you hold yourselves changes too. I cannot express the joy it gives me to see you succeed. Gratitude and pride are the gifts you give to me every week. Thank you !

Story von Holzhausen
Liquid Strength

No comments:

Post a Comment