Thursday, March 11, 2010

The future of Liquid Strength

There is a current of energy around us that is gathering strength and momentum. I can feel it when I walk into the room. I can see it when I look at your faces. It is awe inspiring and fun. It is powerful and happy. It is the very real lives we are creating for ourselves and I am very grateful and blessed to be "in on it".
We are coming to a level where the boundaries of what we can physically accomplish begin to shift. I am sure you can see it in the students around you. Every time I walk in to teach, I am shocked at the changes in all of you. I wish I could divide the room into levels and work exactly how each level needed. Some of you are newer and need the very basics explained and need to practice not "losing" Joyous chest or the connection to the work doing very simple movements. Some of you are ready to be very dynamic and creative in your practice. We are reaching a point where I have to grow with the need of my students. I would like to start to teach more classes and have them taught in various levels. I would also like to teach my MAT WORK Liquid Strength class.
I am looking into studio space to rent to be able to offer a wider array of classes and times. I have been amazed at the support I have received at the thought of this venture. I will remain at Equinox (no worries) and teach my core classes but I want to have the freedom to grow the program and have other talented people be able to teach also. The difference between doing 2 classes a week and 3 or 4 (If I am able to teach different types of Liquid Strength classes that specifically do different things you are actually able to do more) is unreal. The body changes (even mine) at an alarming and addicting rate. The calm and positive state of mind also deepens with the additional practice of "choosing to be comfortable outside your comfort zone.
I am currently looking into to the Upper West Side since that is where I live. I would want the space to be very close to the express train at 72nd so it would be easy to get to. Yesterday we had our production meeting for the DVD and we have a very talented group of people who are so generously GIVING their time and talent to this project because they also believe in Liquid Strength. Thank you Deb for coordinating. Thank you Stann and Todd for your amazing insight and willingness to "jump on board". I can hardly wait to see what the future holds.....

1 comment:

  1. Trying to post this again...

    I'm very excited about the future of Liquid Strength, and grateful to be a part of it.

    I was very sore yesterday. Not so sore it hurt to move, but when I stood up or reached for something, I could feel my muscles (especially my butt and back). I would smile and feel good about my workout on Wednesday.

    Looking forward to class today. See you all soon!
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete