Wednesday, January 7, 2009

New Year and fresh starts

     I have been remiss in my blogging. I have so much to say and to relay to you that I hardly know where to start.  I have been (of course) reading away and have some great information and fun informative facts that I am going to post this week. Some exciting new research etc. That post will be a punch list of factoids.
    For this post, I would like to give you all an assignment. It is very easy to blow all this sort of stuff off but I want you to trust me enough NOT TO. I want you to take a blank piece of paper and fold it in half. One the right side I want you to write all of the things you did this year that improved your life, you are proud of, or that you learned from. On the left side I want you to write a very realistic and specific list of what you would like to do, learn, or achieve for this year.
    Under those lists draw a line across the whole page and write down the things you have "let go" of for this year. Things you cannot control, relationships you alone cannot improve, negativity towards something etc.
    After you do your list, put it away. In a week take it out and read it again and let yourself imagine the right side of your page (each one individually) happening. Whenever you need it this year, pull that list out.  It sounds so "new age" and silly but there is so much power in your awareness and your focus. I firmly believe that we attract to us what we "put out there". I would love to read some of your lists but I know how intensely personally they are. 
     I will make you a promise though. If you do this, you will move most of your right side column to your left.  
     We are all on the cusp of change in our lives.  This year especially, with all the stress and uncertainty around us, it is a blessing to know that our relationships with our"selves" will be stronger.  Classes will be challenging. We will explore the boundaries  of our "comfort zones". We will grow and change physically and mentally and even spiritually.  Together we will do amazing things and we will do them together.

No comments:

Post a Comment