Sunday, March 13, 2011

Ongoing support through these 3 days

Hello 6 week challengers. We have added a few more to our ranks (some of you have never met but you have heard about this because someone who cares about you is excited about this and told you about it).
I will be emailing specific things to teams and a couple of emails that I think all of us need. I wanted to share a funny quote (Deb sent it this week)

"I don't fail, I discover what doesn't work"

We all have done that very successfully. Now we find what does work. The smallest group of challengers this year is the group that is mostly concerned with weight loss. It has been an amazing experience to get to know all of you and realize that we may think it's "just me" but all of us feel and experience unbelievably similar things. I am going to forward to everyone an article that Emily sent me as we started this challenge. It is about "The Secret of loneliness".

Please follow Sharon and my twitter accounts as that is where it is easiest for us to keep the support/feedback and ideas coming. Please use the facebook page to ask questions (many of you have emailed me the same questions and most likely if you ask it, someone else wants to know too). I also want to hear your voices, humor, struggles as it unites us.

It all starts tomorrow so get out there today and shop (the MOST important thing) and plan ahead and get excited about doing this amazing thing for yourself and spending time with such an amazingly talented and special group of people.!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Story,
    I just want to say how awesome this all is - so full of thought. I have never done anything like this in my life! I feel scared, really excited, and amazed at how many interesting people are in this class! I am so lucky to be part of such a driving force!

    I AM guilty of being the 'busy one' with no time for calls, neglecting communication, etc.

    I am a fairly new first time mom who struggles to find time for a lot of things. I have become increasingly aware of this over the last 6 months (with the help of my husband) and am currently working on making time for other things besides baby. For me, this is very challenging. Being a mom is the hardest job that I have ever had. I sometimes wish I could have the relaxed, laid back attitude I had pre pregnancy. I feel so scared lots of the time that I am not being the best mom I can be, but so exhausted somehow.

    I feel guilty for not reading enough books, for not getting him to the playground, for yelling too much when he is so little, for not feeding him enough healthy things for the day, for the poop that sat in his diaper a few mins too long creating the rash that's lasted for 5 days now, making him so uncomfortable. I sometimes feel guilty for putting my son in daycare at this age when I don't have to. I feel guilty for putting him into the world on his own when he is so little. The list goes on..

    I want to free my mind of the negativity and feel good about what I HAVE done for my son for the day, not what I haven't. I am going to be working on feeling less 'guilty' and more 'proud' of my accomplishments on being a mom. I have never worked harder on anything and need to work on keeping that thought present, instead of the guilt. I will try to focus on how excited my 22 month old boy gets when I tell him he is 'going to school'. I will try to focus on the opportunities we are giving him by going to daycare. I will think about all he is learning, new friends he is making, and the confidence he is gaining in himself by going without mommy.

    I am working on getting back to my design profession after almost 2 yrs of being out. I have made the decision (with the help of my husband) to put my son in day care so I can do this. I am missing my design work so much, and have been struggling with 'the guilt' of wanting to work. I am realizing how important my work is to me, and defines a big part of who I am. I have felt a little down and insecure for awhile now and am anxious to have it in my life again

    Eating sometimes becomes 'something to do' with all of the nervous energy and I find it hard to make it through ONE day of clean eating. This is going to be hard...

    I am looking at this challenge in so many ways. I of course want to drop a few pounds, lol, but I mostly want to work on getting back to myself, back to my husband, and back to friends whenever possible. Somehow with a LITTLE less baby in mind, and that be ok.

    I have just finished my online portfolio. Pls check it out. www.ginafothergill.com

    See you guys on Wed.
    Best,
    Gina

    ReplyDelete