Friday, February 18, 2011

While I'm gone (Feb 19th-28th)

Scott and I (mostly Scott) taught our class at Ripley-Grier studios on west 72nd last night. It will be interesting to see how he manages to move today. While I am away next week, Scott will be teaching thursday night @6:00 p.m as usual. Email him: scott.byrd@ymail.com to reserve a spot. The space is small but the energy is so amazing (not a gym so there is a really artistic vibe) it is first come first serve (20$) and it will be the ONLY Liquid Strength® class in the whole city next week.

Tribeca classes are so rockin that I will likely change them to level 2/3 on the schedule. Upper East side has lead to some of our hardest moves as I have searched for ways to break down the basics so we get the most out of everything. So many of you are bringing friends (love that) and I want to ensure that first timers and "advanced" LS'ers all have a great experience. My UWS (tuesday @Columbus Circle) class has proven to be my "fastest learning" group of my entire teaching career. I love being in the Yoga room and for some reason there is such a connect in that group that we are already at a high level even though it is new.
Scott and I were also talking last night about how great it is to see more men in class. Traditionally, Liquid Strength® attracted a lot of men. In many ways, it makes sense. The moves are not "choreographed" and many are directly pulled from sports. I am hoping that this year will see more men finding their way into class. Artie (Tribeca) has blown me away this year in what he can DO (forget the fact that his body looks like he's 18) !!!
As much as I am excited to be away, I know I will miss my classes so much. There is a magic happening right now that I excited and grateful for. No two classes are ever the same. Every one of you helps create what we do in a given hour. Your energy (on every level) influence the room (and me) and together we create something new and completely original every time we get together.
Please see below to join the "6 week challenge". I will be in touch all week and collecting information.
Story von Holzhausen

No comments:

Post a Comment