Monday, February 14, 2011

6 week challenge count down (and to do list)

I have heard from many of you via Facebook, email etc. and know that many have not yet heard about the challenge but will shortly. Although we had wanted to start our challenge today (on Valentines Day) I am putting it off for a few weeks for very important reasons. First off being that I have not had time to tell everyone and get them started. The "to do list" is vital before any of us can start and I haven't even given it yet. Secondly, I am away next week. I will be announcing it in my classes this week once again. I know that not having Liquid Strength® for a week is hard on many of you. (The more you work with me the more you miss it's mind/body connection and how it makes you feel about yourself and life in general). The wonderfully talented instructors who agreed to help me by subbing my classes will not be teaching Liquid Strength®, but I encourage you to take their classes and challenge your bodies by doing something new. It is also a great time to take all you have learned in my class about "finding your comfort zone outside of your comfort zone" and putting it to use.
It is vital that I hear from you if you are planning to do the 6 week challenge. I am making a list of participants and I am pairing you up. If you do not live in NYC, please tell me a bit about yourself and share with me your "homework". Every year I am honored to be trusted with very personal information and it is never shared. My celebrity clients as much as my regular clients are all under a sacred trust and anything that they share with me is never shared with anyone else.

I expect our start date for the 6 week challenge to be mid March. We will need that much time to get everything done.

To do list for the 6 week challenge:

1) Buy (or find) a 3 ring binder with pockets and get some lose leaf paper.
2) Do your physical tests (directions in past blogs but you need to do pushups and walking lunges)
3) Take "before" photos, take measurements and if can take a second to see me, get your body fat taken on your arm.
4) Journal for a few days to take measure and learn about yourself. Some of you will have physical goals and some very personal emotional or lifestyle goals. Both groups will be working on both issues BTW. I will be blogging later about the "rules" for this year but there are some changes from last years and we will all have mind AND body goals. The journaling is vital to help you "find" your goals and gain some insight of what work you need to do. Journaling entails a complete food diary but more importantly writing about your day, thoughts and taking time away from television, computer, smart phone, work and other jobs to spend some quiet alone time with yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment