Saturday, January 23, 2010

Official start date for Story von Holzhausen's Liquid Strength 6 week challenge

Our official start date is Feb 15th. The day after Valentine's Day. This coming week we will be doing our pushups and walking lunges. We will be counting our maximum so please be fresh for class (don't come sore from something else). Please review the information on this blog regarding the 6 week challenge. Kathleen posted an easy link on the comment side of this blog.

You need to have your notebook ready. I will be going over them and will only "enroll" those who have all of the following:
1) a clear cut and deeply thought out "goal". (this is not "lose 5 lbs)
some sample goals are: 1) To feel that I am setting the boundaries in my life (work, food etc)
2) instead of eating at night to take time to nurture me.
3) To feel like an athlete
4) to feel sexy again after......(a baby, breakup, move....)
5) To stop feeling puffy and swollen from poor dietary choices.
6) to STOP the diet cycle and start to feed my body well
7) Begin to be a priority in my own life.
2) a couple days of writing down everything you eat and journaling at some point during the day about what is going on and how you are feeling.
3) max number of push ups and walking lunges
4) starting measurements and body fat reading. (your weight does not matter to me)

We will be taking measurements over the next few weeks and photos too (not obligatory). I would love to see your food journals to give you some feedback that is specific to YOU and your challenge so that when we start, you have a good idea of what to change and some easy ways to get there.
I am reachable by email, text or phone. I would also like to have some fun meet ups where we support each other and laugh at some of our stumbling blocks. Many of you would benefit from finding a buddy or two to call at night and check in with. We can all use friends who are "on our side" and understand what we are going through. (I can be that person if you are not comfortable with pairing up)
We are going to be meeting for the next two weeks 20 to 30 minutes before class to get everyone ready. If coming early is not realistic for you, just reach out to me privately. This year we are doing two things that are going to be FUN !!!!
First of all, we are having a "Kick off Party" to get to know each other and a "wrap up Party' to celebrate our success. Anyone who has been to my 'client/student" parties knows how much fun it is to make fun of me (deserved) and commiserate about Liquid Strength. Every year it amazes me how well people get along as Liquid Strength really calls to like minded people.We all have a say in how you would all like these parties to be. We can meet out or I can host at my UWS apartment. I LIVE for these as they are just so much fun.
Feedback and questions ALWAYS welcome. Usually if you have a question, you are not the only one wondering about it so if you can, post them here or on the message board. We have a little while left before our start date but we need to get crackin !!!


No comments:

Post a Comment