Monday, February 23, 2009

Brrrrr

    Don't let the chill (and wind) in the air fool you. Spring is just around the corner.  RIGHT NOW is the time to be healthy and steady in your work.  Small and easy changes and commitment to those changes are what will make you happy when we begin wearing less clothes.  It is so much easier to stay in shape and get it shape slowly than to panic and have to "diet".
    As I try to blog daily, or nearly daily, it is hard not to feel like I am saying the same thing over and over again. The reality is that I know from working with so many people over the years that you most likely have the same internal dialogue several times a day. I know that most people have insecurities about their bodies.  Internal dialogues of a negative nature are (as I have said in past blogs) as addictive as any drug.  They invade our thoughts and snake their way into our days.  I have had many clients who have spent years obsessing about imagined "problems" with their bodies.  
    What I have found is that these "comfortable" (I have in the past called them our "go to") obsessions are used to avoid larger issues or problems.  If we can just "lose _ lbs, we will be happy.  The reality is that our happiness does not depend on our body size or weight.  Usually I find that the opposite is true. If we can find the joy in our lives (or fix the problems that really make us unhappy), we can learn to be pretty happy in our physical selves.  The most ironic thing is that the fastest way to change your body is to change your "happiness" level.  
     I am here blogging because I care very much how you talk to yourself.  I care very much how much you are impressed and proud of yourselves.  Insecurity and vanity go hand in hand.  If you truly like who you are, you do not have a "big ego". You are fast with praise and free with compliments.  You can be generous with your kindness because you are happy.  
    Half of the work we do with Liquid Strength is mental/emotional/spiritual.  We are on a journey of bettering ourselves. Whatever that mean to you.  Most importantly, we need to better how we think of ourselves and we treat ourselves and other people.  
    I will be here to cheer you all on.  I will try to inspire you to make the changes in your inner dialogues, to choose well  what you have for dinner tonight, all of it.  I believe it is all interconnected.  
     

No comments:

Post a Comment